Use the links below for guidance. If you want more specific information or are looking for a presentation to be given to your department or class, contact the Emergency Management Coordinator (email or call Ext 3572.)
Campus-wide: Shelter-in-Place/Active Shooter - From Hazardous materials to Person with a weapon:
Shelter, Run, Hide, or Act -- Here is a whole page of great videos, ideas, activities and sources. This section also include a great video showing what to do when a person with a gun enters your room.
Another great source of information is from the CDC.
In the Classroom:
- Use this guide to prepare for emergencies, as a faculty or a student. Click here for a printable class guide.
- Here are some suggestions on how to restart a test when disrupted by an emergency or drill.
- In your office or work space:
- In the Laboratory -- NEW!
- Everyone on campus needs to know how to evacuation safely. Here is how. The campus EVACUATION AREA map is here, too.
- Helping Those In Need:
Building Marshal Program:
- Building Marshals are an essential part of building evacuations. Follow their guidance in emergencies. Want to be one? Email me!
CSUF CERT Program:
- This is the Campus Emergency Response Team. If anyone is interested in joining the campus program, contact me (Sue Fisher).