Emergency Notification System
The ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATION system notifies all campus personnel via text message, and email. Go through your Portal to update your emergency information: Just follow these simple instructions.
- Concerns or questions about connecting to the Emergency Notification System should be directed to the Emergency Management Coordinator at email@example.com, or by calling (657) 278-3572.
AUDIBLE MESSAGES are sent throughout the campus via loudspeakers in and around buildings.
CITY AND COUNTY ALERTS:
Sign up for your local city and/or county alert systems to keep informed of local and regional emergencies:
- ORANGE COUNTY: AlertOC
- RIVERSIDE COUNTY: RivcoReady
- SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY: TENS
- LOS ANGELES COUNTY: AlertLA
TWITTER is an easy and fast way to receive emerergency information, so consider these in Orange County:
- Orange County Preparedness Resource: @ReadyOC
- Orange County Sheriff’s Department: @OCSD
- Orange County Fire Authority: @OCFA_PIO
- Orange County Public Works: @OCPublicWorks
Weather conditions: @NOAA, or use the NOAA weather app.
There may be other service agencies in each county that may also send alerts, often via social media. Learn what is available in your area by contacting your area's administration.
EAS, or Emergency Alert System
It is a national public warning system that requires TV and radio broadcasters, and all other media service providers to allow announcements about a national emergency, and to state and local authorities to provide emergency information to specific targeted areas.