Active Shooter Drill -- July 29, 2011
On July 29, CSUF conducted a full-scale, campus-wide "Active Shooter" drill. Over 100 people participated in this important event - that involved campus Police and personnel, and outside agencies, such as Placentia Police and Fullerton Fire.Incident Command Post Observers to the event included: Amir Dabirian, Dr. Silas Abrego, Anna Cave (Brea Emergency Mgr), and Jim Ellis (John Wayne Airport Emergency Mgr) Juliet Kidwell applies makeup Exercise included someone playing the role of Gunman CSO Azar pretended to be shot CSO Taylor Higgins gets treated in an ambulance Police gather to respond to the sound of gun fire Squads deploy to pursue the shooter University Police staffer, Sarah Kidwell, acts frightened that her friend (Stephen Halcum) has been shot Teams continue to deploy to the site Fire works with Police to rescue victims Fire work on victim as police stand guard Fire personnel carry out victim Shooting "victim" Stephen Halcum plays dead shooting victim CSO Jeremiah Seefeldt gets rescued. Victims of the "bomb blast" gather in place outside the parking structure. Tiffany Eiley shows her "injury. Chelsea Lyons and Vic De La Cruz are "injured" in the blast Kimberly Naujokas is another victim from the blast MERT Team member help Kim Naujokas to the Triage Tent Victim Lindsay Davis plays an injured blast victim Dr. Richard Boucher heads the MERT team MERT Team members help injured blast victims CSO Dylan Sweaza plays a victim. "Blast Victims" at a photo op. Photo op continued. Sue Fisher is happy with the event. Michelle Ferrera helped Sue immensely, along with Anne Beck (not in photo). Ed Read and John Luong were the event's chefs. CSUF and other local police and fire agencies participated.
- MANY, MANY thanks to all who participated in this event.
- Lt. John Brockie did a great job as Controller and was responsible for all law and fire response.
- The event was highlighted by the incredibly talent of our "victim make-up" crew, who consisted of Nicki Gannon, Juliet Kidwell, and Avery Jenkins.
- Thanks to excellent camera skills of Juliet Kidwell, Bryanna Ramirez and Greg Luttrell.
- CSO's Joe Ward and Jack Dryden helped immensely on site.
- THANKS, too, for CSUF for supporting important events such as this.